Set field value based on a formula, a value from another field, and a constant value.
Clear field values.
Make the field required.
Show or hide fields.
Enable or disable fields.
Validate data and show error messages.
Change field instructions.
Create a form rule
1. Go to form explorer.
2. Select the form you want to create the form rule for, then click on the ‘Rules -> Form Rules’ menu item from the toolbar.
The form rule designer opens with a single condition and action created for you. The form rule takes one or more actions based on that condition.
4. Add a rule name in the description box.
5. Add condition. To Add condition:
a. Select a field from the list.
b. Select an operator from the list. The selected field drives the list items.
c. Select or enter condition value.
6. Add action. To add action:
a. Select an action from the list.
b. Select the field(s) for which you want to apply the action.
7. To save the form rule, click Save.
Below is an example of a form with rules to make fields required or not required based on the value of another field. See form rule in action.